|2010-02-04||All day||#fedora-test-day (webirc)|
What to test?
Today's installment of Fedora Test Day will focus on NFS with a focus on NFSv4 default.
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
What's needed to test
- A system with some kind of network connection
- Your hardware profile uploaded to Smolt according to these instructions
- An installed Fedora distribution, either:
How to test?
To test using Rawhide, you may prepare your system using one of the following methods.
- Install latest rawhide from a local mirror. Please follow this guidance to use rawhide -- Install from a nearby rawhide mirror.
- Or, update to rawhide from Fedora 36. For guidance, refer to Releases/Rawhide#Yum_update_from_official_release
- Alternatively, you may download a non-destructive rawhide live image for your architecture. Tips on using a live image are available at FedoraLiveCD. Live images can be found at http://kparal.fedorapeople.org/testdays/2010-02-04_NFSv4/.
- Either way, be sure you are running with at least
Testing can be also be performed on Fedora 12 system with only a few changes.
- First, be sure you system is fully up to date
- Next, edit the file
/etc/nfsmount.confand comment out the line that reads
- Finally, be sure you are using at least
yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update nfs-utils
Basically, NFS can be tested with both server and client on the same machine, and with different bare-metal or virtual systems. Testers will need to setup a NFS server, and run automated NFS testsuites from client systems. In addition, we will use generic filesystem testsuites to exercise NFS filesystem integrity. An important part of the test event is to make sure everything is working properly after we have switched to NFSv4 by default in Fedora 13.
Also, we will test Secure NFS. All the results will be reported to the table below.
Construct a table or list to allow testers to post results. Each column should be a test case or configuration, and each row should consist of test results. For example:
|User||Smolt Profile||connectathon||pynfs||generic-fs||connectathon secure||generic-fs secure||References|
|caiqian||Server HW||PASS ||FAIL||PASS||PASS||FAIL|
|User:mgahagan||Server HW Client HW||-||-||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|jlaska||Server+Client HW||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||-||-|
|ykopkova||Server HW Client HW||PASS||FAIL||PASS||FAIL ||FAIL |
|emcnabb||Server/Client||PASS||FAIL||PASS||FAIL ||FAIL |
|dramsey||Server HW Client HW||PASS||PASS||PASS||FAIL ||FAIL |
|caiqian||Server HW||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD||FAIL |
|mgr||Server/Client HW||PASS||FAIL ||PASS||PASS||FAIL |