|Cloud SIG EC2 Image Fedora Test Day|
What to test?
Today's instalment of Fedora Test Day will focus on Fedora EC2 Images
The following cast of characters will be available testing, workarounds, bug fixes, and general discussion ...
- Development - Justin Forbes (jforbes)
Prerequisite for Test Day
- Free time
- An Amazon EC2 account
- Internet connectivity for connecting to EC2 images.
- Standard Fedora repositories must be available.
How to test?
Test Day EC2 Images
Fedora EC2 images for test day are publicly accessible, but not broadly advertised. To launch an instance, log into the AWS Management Console.
- Choose the EC2 tab.
- In the left pane, select the US-East-1 region.
- In the main window, select launch instance.
- Click on the "Community AMIs" tab.
- Enter one of the ami IDs below into the text box and follow the prompts to launch the image:
- Fedora 15 x86_64: ami-ca9f60a3
- Fedora 15 i386: ami-a69f60cf
Testing the Images
- Launch one of the mentioned AMIs on EC2.
- Log in as 'ec2-user' using the ssh key you specified on launch
- 'sudo yum update' (this should work without requiring a root password)
- Is selinux enabled and functional?
- Use yum to install a workload that you are familiar with, are there any problems installing standard F15 packages?
If you have problems with any of the tests, report a bug to Bugzilla.
If you are unsure about exactly how to file the report or what other information to include, just ask on IRC and we will help you. Once you have completed the tests, add your results to the Results table below, following the example results from the first line as a template. The first column should be your name with a link to your User page in the Wiki if you have one, and the second should be a link to the Smolt profile of the system you tested. For each test case, use the result template to enter your result, as shown in the example result line.
Issues that Were Identified