- Getting people (mostly beginners) acquainted with using Version Control Systems like git.
- Get them to work together into learning and meet each other, sharing more ideas to work in Fedora.
These could be the tasks for a first introductory crash course
Introduction to Verson Control Systems
Everyone should be able to make changes to a software (using git) in a maximum time of a week.
Prerrequisite: A Fedora system with git installed. Setting up a fedorapeople space
- Need for Version Control System
- Backup and Restore
- Short-term undo
- Long-term undo
- Track Changes
- Track Ownership
- Branching and merging
- Terminology used frequently (Repo, Trunk/Main, Head, Diff etc)
- Checkins and checkouts
- Source control using IDEs
I really don't know what to put in here.