This case tests upgrading from the current stable release (Fedora 32) to the development release (Fedora 33) with Xfce desktop.
How to test
- Perform an installation of the previous Fedora release (Fedora 32) with Xfce desktop using any available means (Xfce Spin, DVD/Netinst.iso/PXE installation and select
- Log into Xfce and do a full system update.
- Upgrade your system to Fedora 33 using any available means (
boot.iso, PXE or
- Boot and test the system.
- Log into Xfce and test the desktop and important applications and desktop components (Terminal, File manager, panels, sound mixer, desktop icons, menus etc ...)
- The system should be upgraded to Fedora 33 version without error
- The display manager (GDM) should offer Xfce4 as a session type
- Xfce desktop settings must be the same, if there's any changes configuration file format, you should be prompted to migrate your settings.
- Applications and desktop components should work correctly.