|IRC channels:||#fedora-qa, #fedora-test-day, #fedora-meeting|
Thanks for visiting my page! I am a Fedora Quality Assurance Engineer and now I am working on the project Fedora installation test automation.
I start to use Fedora when I was a student and developed the molecular simulation project on Linux platform.
- auto test: http://autotest.kernel.org
- autoQA: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AutoQA
- writing autoQA test: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Writing_AutoQA_Tests
- verifying autoQA test:http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Verifying_AutoQA_tests
- Style Guide for Python Code:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/
- get started with virtualization:http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Quick_Start
- libvirt: http://libvirt.org/index.html
Fedora Installation Test Automation
- Fedora Desktop
- Fedora Installation methods:
- Hard Drive
- HTTP Server, FTP Server, NFS Server
- ISO images on NFS Server.
- Live USB
- Fedora Support Platform
- Fedora Support CPUs
- Intel, AMD
It seems huge, if we wanna cover all!
- trigger Testing, refer the current test events being monitored: http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=autoqa.git;a=tree;f=hooks
- Check installation media, refer QA:Installer image presence test case http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Installer_image_presence_test_case
- detect the prerequirements (arch etc) of the Fedora installation and create the suitable KVM machines.
- start to install fedora (which installation mode to choose)
- log the test result. (cases: installation successes, exception occurs but not block the installation, exception occurs and blocks the installation).
- Works need to do
- explore trigger (AutoQA current monitored events)
- check installation media (This has been done in AutoQA, still need to explore how to call it.)
- access the AutoTest Server from AutoQA client and explore the Python libraries of AutoQA, such as util etc, but it seems there is no documentation.
- explore the files of Fedora, such as .treeinfo, initrd etc. which I need to deal during development.
- where to find the AutoQA arguments?