Daimar Vinícius da Silva Stein
Graphic designer and video editor currently studying Communications at the University of Santa Cruz in Ilhéus. Outspoken communist and libre software enthusiast trying to use only Linux and tools available for it (be them FOSS or not due to Davinci Resolve) for my design work since mid 2020, when I ditched my dual boot. Been a computer tinkerer ever since accidentally nuking my parents' first PC's Windows 98 install. Linux user since early 2020, Fedora user ever since the beta for Fedora 35 went live and been having a mix of beta testing and stable release usage on my machines ever since.
- Location: Bahia, Brazil
- Born january 1999.
- Fedora user since sep. 28, 2021, contributor since aug. 07, 2022.
- Graphic design
- Beta testing
- GNOME and its development news
I've been officially part of the marketing team as of August 2022, and ever since joining I've helped with:
- Revamping the Project's Instagram profile, both with updating the visuals and with ideas for feed posts and ways to interact with users through stories.
- Taking care of the project's YouTube channel and YouTube Community feed.
I am not officially in the design team, but I did help with:
- Bringing back the Beefy Miracle in all of its glory in the Fedora Gaming draft;
- Thumbnail template ideas for the Fedora YouTube channel and volunteering for helping with the thumbnail design work;
- Designing the Instagram profile's new profile picture and stories' highlights;
- Creating artwork for Fedora's social media posts, specially Instagram and Facebook.
I've been part of the l10n general and brazilian portuguese teams as of August 2022, but I have been helping with translation of a bunch of projects over on Weblate ever since October 2021, in special:
- Fedora Docs
- Fedora Media Writer
- SELinux and setroubleshoot
- email: email@example.com
- matrix: @steiner:fedora.im