My name is Tristan Santore and I am an IT professional. I hold a degree in Computer Science BSc(hons),am a Professional Member of the British Computer Society (MBCS), former THAWTE Notary (WoT) and a Fedora Contributor in various capacities. I am based in Cardiff, United Kingdom, but travel back and forth to Germany for business reasons. I am a fluent native speaker of English and German. I have used Fedora, since it's inception, and have seen Fedora becoming way more user and hardware friendly over the years, much to everyone's relief. I recently worked on working around bugs for the Asus T100HA, filing bugs regarding the device and giving advice on workarounds on our common bugs page.
At University as was an adviser to the deployment of Fedora on the lab machines, to my then project manager, who is the Modula 2 GCC maintainer. I helped and gave advice to Gaius, who was the admin for anything linux related at the School of Computing.
- Email: tsantore (((at)))) fedoraproject.org
- IRC: LinuxCode: #fedora, #fedora-admin, #fedora-devel, #fedora-security, #fedora-selinux, #fedora-docs, #fedora-arm, etc.
- GPG key: N/A as of yet(for Fedora) Email (Thawte signed digital signature).
- Fedora Account: tsantore
Activities within Fedora
- I have spent most of my time supporting users in the #fedora irc channel on Freenode, but I am also found on other IRC networks giving fedora support. I have been doing this for quite a few years now and enjoy the challenge that this brings with it. As this keeps you on your toes.
- I am also active on bugzilla and file bug reports, when necessary.
- If required I also edit the wiki, such as adding a common bugs entries for various hardware, software or usability issues, e.g, where, due to an issue with mkinitrd, SCSI cards would cause the system to fail to boot. I wrote instructions on how to fix or bypass the issue and filed bug reports.
- Fedora is an integral part of my infrastructure I use for work and I have got a special interest in security and system administration issues in Fedora, including solutions.
- I also try to attend events, where possible. I attended,amongst other events, FUDcon Berlin 2009 and LinuxTag 2009, where we had a Fedora booth and was one of the largest events, I am aware of.
- During my time at University, I developed special interests in Free Open Source Software (FOSS) and its uses.
I have got a special area of interest in anything security related and in particular the secure, robust, efficient deployment of essential server services, that is, web services, email, dns and essential services/technologies used to implement security on a linux based system.
- I also find useful utilities to automate system administration tasks interesting, in particular The Foreman, Cobbler, Puppet and Ansible, however have so far not been able to utilise them as much as I would like.
- I also have an interest in eletronics, Arduino and Raspberry Pi.