Onyeibo delivers lectures on Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Applications in Architecture at the Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Nigeria (ESUT). Apart from exploring the world of Building Information Modelling (BIM), he likes to practice BASIC, C++, LISP, HTML, and CSS scripting/programming in his spare time. These days, he does simple automation via Python scripting for Design Applications that support it.
Onyeibo's first experience with GNU/Linux was in 2006. The Distribution was Ubuntu (Dapper Drake). In 2008, he decided to take the Linux OS seriously when he discovered that it could host professional Software for Architectural Visualization and Design. The Distributions supported by vendors of such Applications were mostly Redhat Enterprise Linux, SUSE and Fedora. Fedora became his OS of choice by natural selection.
- Fedora Account: twohot
- PGP: 9FF763F7
- E-mail: twohot AT fedoraproject DOT com
- Mobile: +234 808 880 0055
- Languages: English, Igbo, Pidgin-English
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Time Zone: UTC +01:00
Activities within Fedora
- Ambassadors: Member of Fedora Ambassadors-Africa
- Design-Team: Worked on DIY Media Jacket for the Community 2009. Redesigned FreeMedia Mailer for Freemedia Group in January 2011. Produced initial Release Poster design for Fedora Lovelock (15) which was finalized by Luya Tshimbalanga
- Fedora Sound SIG: Explored the creation of Sound Themes. 'Vocal' was the outcome. This theme is still in early stages of development. Users are welcome to test it out and provide suggestions for improvement. Twohot hopes to upgrade 'vocal' with samples recorded in a professional studio. For now, enjoy some variation and drop comments!
- FreeMedia: Sent Seventeen(17nos.) i386 DVDs and One(1nos.) x86_64 DVD so far, on record (and many others, off-record)
- My Blog
- "Two-hot" is the word-for-word translation of "Onyeibo-Oku". So, it is not just a fancy nickname.
- Onyeibo goes by t2hot or twohot at Freenode (irc.freenode.net) and other IRC servers where open-source projects flock. His favourite channels are #fedora-qa, #fedora-sound, #freecad, and #blender. The best place to discuss improvements for the Vocal theme (mentioned above) is on #fedora-sound.
- He also hangs around ##floss4arch channel at Freenode where He discusses or holds online classes to promote the use of Open-Source software in Architectural design and collaborative processes.
- He is a graduate member of the Nigerian Institute of Architects (G98)