Apprentice Workday TBD - after F24 Release at irc.freenode.net #fedora-admin
Apprentices can work together or separately with guidance from masters on various apprentice tasks. Participation is not mandatory, and is open to anyone active in the fi-apprentice group (or any other Fedora Infrastructure team for that matter.) If you have been hesitant or unsure where to get started, this will be a great opportunity to roll your sleeves up and get going. We will focus on updating ansible group variables for CSI standards, infrastructure documentation, and easyfix tickets.
Apprentice Things to do before Apprentice workday
- Check your ssh access if you haven't logged in lately (i.e. after the lockbox -> batcave transition) https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/docs/docs/sysadmin-guide/sops/sshaccess.rst
- Log in to the Nagios page https://admin.fedoraproject.org/nagios-external
- Nagios access is now controlled by kerberos, so you will need to do a command with “kinit your_fas_name@FEDORAPROJECT.ORG”
- On the use of the kerberos, you can view the page https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Kerberos
- Review (or read) the Community Services Infrastructure Security Policy https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Community_Services_Infrastructure/1/html/Security_Policy/index.html
- Pull down a local copy of the ansible and infra-docs cgit https://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/cgit/
- Read the ansible docs at http://docs.ansible.com then set up ansible on your local machine or server of your choice
- If it's been awhile, drop in to #fedora-admin or #fedora-noc
Apprentice Things to do on Apprentice workday
To get started, check in on our IRC channel #fedora-admin. Find out what people are working on or need help with, then jump in. Below are some ideas;
- Become an apprentice!
- Update group variables in ansible for CSI standards for machines that don't have any listed.
- Look at the ansible repo under inventory/group_vars/ for groups without CSI information.
- Propose patches to update doc templates
- Work on an Easy Fix Ticket
Master Things to do before Apprentice workday
- Triage some tickets to make them easier/easyfix
- Think of other resources for apprentices to review
- Consider a topic for a lightning chat (or other format) to give on Apprentice workday
Master Things to do on Apprentice workday
- Generally be available in irc
- Give a brief education chat in irc