Zarafa in Fedora
The Zarafa Collaboration Platform (ZCP) is a Microsoft Exchange replacement. The Open Source Collaboration provides an integration with your existing Linux mail server and native mobile phone support by ActiveSync compatibility. Zarafa Webaccess features the familiar Outlook 'Look & Feel' interface and you can keep using the features in Outlook that have always allowed you to work efficiently. View your e-mail, calendar and contacts via a web browser. And opening your colleagues calendar or sending a meeting request is only a piece of cake. The Zarafa Webaccess is using the ajax technology to give a more interactive feeling to the users. Including an IMAP and a POP3 gateway as well as an iCal/CalDAV gateway, Zarafa can combine the usability with the stability and flexibility of a Linux server. The proven Zarafa groupware solution is using MAPI objects, provides a MAPI client library as well as programming interfaces for C++, PHP and Perl.
Zarafa is not available in the traditional Fedora DVD image, however it is available in the regular Fedora and EPEL repositories. You can install Zarafa after installation using the command line or the package manager of your choice.
To install Zarafa (in a simple setup) using the command line, execute the following as root:
yum install zarafa zarafa-webaccess mysql-server httpd
Zarafa users and developers are available via IRC for real-time conversations, via mailing lists for e-mail based discussions and assistance as well as in forums for web-based communication:
- Freenode IRC network (irc.freenode.net) on channel #zarafa
- https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/zarafa-announce - Announcements and notifications for the Zarafa Open Source Collaboration
- https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/zarafa - Community support and discussions about Zarafa Open Source Collaboration
- http://forums.zarafa.com - Official Zarafa Forums
- http://z-push.sourceforge.net/phpbb/ - Official Z-Push Forums
- https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/z-push-dev - Development discussions and announcements related to Z-Push
Before you file a bug, please read through the list of current and previous bugs of Zarafa to determine if your bug has already been filed. If your bug does not exist, enter a bug report using the Bugzilla bug entry page. If your bug exists and has not been fixed, add additional information to the existing bug. If your bug exists and has been fixed, upgrade to the version in the bug report to determine if the bug was properly fixed. If it was not, please reopen the bug report.
|Zarafa Administrator Manual||HTML, multiple pages||HTML, single page|
|Zarafaf User Manual||HTML, multiple pages||HTML, single page|
- http://www.zarafa.com/ - Zarafa Website
- http://www.zarafa.com/content/documentation Zarafa Documentation
- http://www.zarafa.com/content/community - Zarafa Community
- http://www.zarafa.com/wiki/ - Zarafa Wiki
- http://www.zarafa.com/faq - Zarafa Frequently Asked Questions
- http://z-push.sourceforge.net/ - Z-Push Website
- http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/index.php?pages_id=57&t=FAQs - Z-Push Frequently Asked Questions
- http://www.zarafa.com/wiki/index.php/Z-Push_Mobile_Compatibility_List - Z-Push Mobile Compatibility List