Revision as of 19:25, 11 January 2009
The Spin Special Interest Group
The Spin Process proposal from Jef Spaleta passed.
What is it we do?
The purpose of the Spin SIG is oversee the development of an evolving set of technical best practises to be applied to all community spin concepts. The Spin SIG will also oversee the continued maintenance of approved community spins in the Kickstart Pool, and will regulate the use of any infrastructure as it becomes available for use for the Spins SIG. For example webspace at spins.fedoraproject.org will be made available for spin descriptions and links to externally hosted binaries . New spin concepts first come to the Spins SIG for discussion and technical review. Once the Spins SIG comes to a consensus as to technical merit of a proposed spin, that spin concept is passed to the Board for trademark approval.
More specifically: Read the Agenda
- Community Spin Guidelines - Guidelines for people to submit spin concepts.
- Kickstart Pool - A draft proposal on a kickstart pool.
- Spin Submission Process - A draft on the Community Spin Submission Process.
- Localized Spins - A draft on how Localized Spins should be composed.
- Distribution of Spins - A draft on how Spins should be, or could be, distributed.
What do we need?
- Draft up guidelines for a Spin Submission Process, like the Packaging Guidelines.
- Submit the guidelines for review (Board, Release Engineering, Infrastructure)
- Get some more SIG members
- Elect a SIG representative from those members
- Figure out what we need in terms of hardware resources, resources
- Figure out our own little SOP and Processes