- Our purpose is to complete with the following primary goals:
- Budget planning for APAC (per country as well as the whole region) events/activities in FY2016 (March 2015 - February 2016)
- Future events in each country and the whole APAC -> Event Planning
- In addition, we will attempt to complete the following secondary goals as time allows:
- Feedback/comments from APAC Ambassadors
- SWAG & equipment inventory
- who has and where is equipment like rollup etc. Materials Inventory
- how to produce more centralized swag and distribute it
- Ambassador Polo Shirt Supply
See the How to organize a FAD.
Completed work item Work out budget Decide on Dates and Location Arrange Facilities List Resources Arrange Lodging Arrange Refreshments Arrange a Social Event Make country-specific plans before coming (per attendee)
Date and Place
- Date: November 15 - 16 November 2014
- Time: 9:00am - 5:00pm (UTC+7)
- Place: Development Innovations - 296 271 Yothapol Khemarak Phoumin Blvd Phnom Penh
- map: Development Innovations
- There will be on 14th an Fedora Release Party you are welcome there!
- There will be an RPM packaging workshop on 15th November also link
Phnom Penh International Airport  (IATA: PNH) - airport is around 7km outside Phnom Penh city centre, costs for an tuktuk are around 7US$, for an cab 9US$
All visitors, except citizens of Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam need a visa to enter Cambodia. Visas can be obtained at Cambodian embassies or consulates. Visas are also available "on arrival" at both international airports, all six international border crossings with Thailand, some international border crossings with Vietnam, and at the main border crossing with Laos. You will need an visa type T, which will cost 30$ (starting 1st October) Detailed visa information More information about Phnom Penh
Local Transportation Information
There is no public transport in Phnom Penh, this is mostly done by Taxis,Motorbike-taxis and Tuktuk
Taxis forget about them,through the chaotic traffic situation they are slower then a Tuktuk and also more expensive. There are some metered taxis available but still some un-metered are running, fares must be agreed in advance.
Motorbike-taxis, (motodops or simply motos) should take you anywhere cheaply. A trip from Sisowath Quay to Central Market costs about 2,000 riel (USD0.50). Fares are higher at night and with more than one passenger. Often little English is spoken. No helmets are provided.
some rules for tuk tuk
- Agree a fare in advance. Be clear whether it is for one way or return and in total or per person.
- Drivers will try to avoid losing face by not admitting ignorance. Therefore, "Do you know where this address is?" will always be answered by "yes". Put it to the test and show a driver a recipe, while claiming it's an address. Be patient and expect the driver to pull over mid-trip to ask passers-by for directions even to the most obvious of destinations.
- Don't leave possessions exposed to snatchers. Women are often targeted.
- The tuk-tuk drivers outside the Foreign Correspondent's Club are notoriously pushy and aggressive. Avoid them: walk half a block and hire someone else. If you don't want a lift saying "no thanks" generally works. Better still, try it in Khmer: "otday awkunh".
- Have small Dollar bills, bigger notes they cant often exchange
Event Owners and Co-organizers
- Kong Somvannda
- Ban Botrey Nisa
- Truong Anh Tuan (help for managing budget and organizing tasks)
- Sirko Kemter (help for organizing tasks and consulting)
Important skills (for participants)
- We are welcome people who involved to (writers or co-writers) budget planning process in APAC in the last two years. Ref: Ambassadors/APAC/Budget#References
- But we encourage people who are new but really active in their home countries to come to share and learn more experience then they can implement scheduled events/activities in their country
People will attend the event
We have a nice badge for the FAD, we will award it only to the registered attendees!
Deadline for participation in person was September 26th 2014 - registration for remote participation is still possible
|Attendee||Arrival Date&Time||Departure||room mate||Estimated travel cost||Funding request||Pickup Status|
|1. Kong Somvannda||-||-||local||-|
|2. Ban Botrey Nisa||-||-||local||-|
|3. Amita Sharma||Nov 14||Nov 17||-||$661||#143|
|4. Sarup Banskota||NA||NA||-||Remote||NA|
|5. Truong Anh Tuan||Nov 14 13.00 VN921||Nov 17 18.00 VN920||Alick Zhao||$394||#148||Yeah, my cousin will pick you up with a Fedora sign and your name, but you have to wait one hour for Danishka|
|6. Danishka Navin||Nov 14 14.25 3K593||Nov 17 15.10 3K594||Siddhesh||$314||#150||Yeah, my cousin will pick you up with a Fedora sign and your name, Tuanta will be there as well.|
|7. Alick Zhao||Nov 14 23:30 CZ323||Nov 17 8:00 CZ234||Truong Anh Tuan||413 USD||#149||Yeah, with a Tuk Tuk. You will be seen someone hanging your name with a Fedora sign.|
|8. Zamir SUN||NA||NA||-||Remote||NA|
|9. Sirko Kemter||Nov 12 18.40 PG935||Nov 24 19.30 PG936||single||901US$||#145|
|10. Nitesh Narayan Lal||Nov 14||Nov 18||-||$400||#147|
|11. Kushal Das||NA||NA||-||Remote||NA|
|12. Mohan Prakash||NA||NA||-||Remote||NA|
|13. Siddhesh||Nov 14, 19:40, TG584||Nov 17, 06:15, PG938||Danishka Navin||$492 (INR 30281)||#153||Yeah, with a Tuk Tuk. You will be seen someone hanging your name with Fedora sign.|
|14. Pravin Satpute||NA||NA||-||Remote||NA|
|15. Harish Pillay||NA||NA||-||Remote||NA|
|16. Yan Naing Myint||NA||NA||-||Remote||#154|
|17. Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail||Nov 14, 16:00 AK534||Nov 1, 16:45 AK535||single||$180||#158||Yeah, with a Tuk Tuk. You will be seen someone hanging your name with Fedora sign.|
|15. Amit Shah||NA||NA||-||Remote||NA|
for Remote Attendance
- etherpad: FADPhnomPenh2014
- IRC: Please join IRC chan #fedora-fad on freenode.net for remote participation, please read How to communicate on IRC
|Go Inn Hotel||20 US$||25 US$||30US$||map||Clean but take around 10 minutes by Tuk Tuk to Development Innovations|
|Passion Guesthouse||14 USD||16 USD||Not available||map||Clean, and it is ony 5 minutes walk to Development Innovations|
Possible lunch/dinner locations
- Sugar 'n Spice Garden Cafe 2000m from DI, website
- Vikings Vegetarian Restaurant, 1800m from DI
- Jars of Clay 2000m from DI, 5-10$, website
- Charcoal BBQ & Soup 15min by Tuktuk from DI, fine khmer BBQ (buffet), all you can eat,11.5$
- Kuch Angkor 15min by Tuktuk from DI or Passion Guesthouse, Local Food, but great taste.
November 15th Mekong cruise? Costs around 8$ a person
|September 13th||The 1st round fund support approval (for urgent requests)|
|September 26th||End of registration (onsite participation)|
|September 27th||The 2nd round fund support approval|
|October 24th||size registration for polo shirt|
|Hotel||$400||$150||About $16 per double room per night|
|Foods and Drinks||$400||two group dinners and a lunch during meetup|
Detailed Local Logistical Budget Expense
|Stuff||Unit price in $||Amount||Nights/Days/Times||Sub-Total||Remark|
|Passion Guesthouse (double bedroom)||16$||2||3||96$||for 4 people|
|Passion Guesthouse (single bedroom)||14$||1||3||42$||for 4 people|
|Lunch 15-16 Nov||40$||2||2||80$||two group lunches and drinks during the FAD|
|Dinner 15-16 Nov||120$||2||2||240$||two group dinners and drink during the FAD|
|Local Transportation by tuk tuk (roundtrip)||6$||3||2||36$||tuk tuk for 9 people during the FAD|
- blog post Sirko Kemter
- Siddhesh's blog posts
- Sirko's wrap-up post
- Tuan's wrap-up post
- alick's event report
More on flickr (by alick).