From Fedora Project Wiki
This page should give a small overview of things which are currently worked on for the
system-configas a central entry point for system configuration with state information.
- Simple and consistent API for integration of all tools into
firstbootand other configuration tools, e.g.:
system-config-servicesis used to control activation/deactivation of services. There are plans for a toolbar and submenu for service control which can be integrated into e.g.
- Separation of interface(s) and logic.
- Consistent look and feel.
- User guidance and druids where guidance is not enough.
- Main application with overview and dialogs for changes.
- Easy to understand dialogs with clear view.
- Well-defined acceptance and termination conditions for the main application and all dialogs.
- Option to load defaults.
- Access to advanced options for situations where the "simple" options aren't sufficient.
- Maybe: Support for undo/redo via history.
- System Config Tools
- Review Guideline
- Shared Code
- Future Framework Thoughts for extending the Framework in the far future.
- Module interface for integration into firstboot and other config tools.
- Missing Tools
- Text Mode User Interface
- Most common bugs
(in alphabetical order)
Damien Durand ( Usability )
Florian La Roche