Notification For Multy Language
( email from : Rahul Sundaram firstname.lastname@example.org )
So, the latest update (askbot 0.7.49) has been deployed in production (http://ask.fedoraproject.org) with English and Spanish support. Ping Kevin Fenzi (nirik in #fedora-admin) if you are volunteering to be a moderator for your language and want to enable support for it. Add your details to
Ideally, we would want atleast two to three moderators for every supported language. So reach out to your local community and get active community helpers to sign up as moderators. Moderation might take several hours every week.
What does moderation involve?
Among other things, the following:
* Deleting spam and blocking the spammers
* Rephrasing questions and cleaning up the tags on a regular basis
* Reminders to upvote/downvote and select the right answers
* Deleting or rephrasing language that doesn't fit Fedora's code of conduct
* Try and make sure questions are answered in a reasonable amount of time
* Work with infrastructure team to test and provide feedback to the team, especially when we are deploying newer versions of askbot
* Work with upstream on fixing bugs and ensure that translation in your language is updated
Thank you for your participation and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!