(check off a few simple KDE tests)
|Line 99:||Line 99:|
|Line 159:||Line 159:|
Revision as of 02:19, 12 April 2013
This page records desktop validation testing test results for the Fedora 19 Alpha RC2 release.
How to test
- Download the ISO images for testing: please use either the DVD installer image, or the live image for the desktop you wish to test. Testing for all four major desktop environments is required for each test point. Delta_ISOs for installer images are also available here.
- Install, if appropriate (some tests may be intended to test the un-installed live environment).
- Perform one or more of the test cases and add your results to the table below.
- If a test fails, file a bug report. If the bug is in the default desktop, propose the bug as a blocker for the appropriate release (see blocker bug process). If the bug is in any other desktop, propose it as a freeze exception bug for the appropriate release (see freeze exception bug process).
- Don't install updates before performing any of the tests, as the updates available come from updates-testing and are not part of the proposed released package set. For this reason, we recommend leaving the update installation test for last.
Add or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to email@example.com.
- Once reviewed, make your changes to any current documents that use this template (e.g. Test Results:Fedora 19 Alpha RC2 Desktop)
- Lastly, update QA:Desktop validation results template with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the format specified Template:Result.
|Test Result||Explanation||Code Entered|
|Untested - This test has not been run, and is available for anyone to contribute feedback.|
|Passed - The test has been run and the tester determine the test met the expected results|
|Inprogress - An inprogress result is often used for tests that take a long time to execute. Inprogress results should be temporary and change to pass, fail or warn.|
|Failed - Indicates a failed test. A link to a bug must be provided. See Template:Result for details on providing bug information.|
|||Warning - This test completed and met the expected results of the test, but other issues were encountered during testing that warrant attention.
|Multiple results - More people can easily provide results to a single test case.|
|Result from previous test run - This test result is directly moved from the test run of previous <build>.|
|Unsupported - An unsupported test or configuration. No testing is required.|
|Release Level||Test Case||Desktop||Fallback||KDE||Xfce||LXDE||Sugar||References|