Fedora Xfce Spin
The Xfce SIG (Special Interest Group) is a group of Fedora contributors that contribute towards Xfce in Fedora. Their mission is to define a high-quality Xfce experience to Fedora users and developers in maintaining packages, documentation, infrastructure and helping each other in all Xfce related efforts.
(in alphabetic order)
- Fabian Affolter (Security Spin maintainer)
- Andi Artz (Testing&QA, Podcast, AskFedora)
- John Babich (Xfce user and documentation writer)
- Luis Bazan (Xfce user and co-maintainer of the
- Nick Bebout (Xfce user, nb on IRC)
- Randy Berry (Xfce user / Testing)
- François Cami (Xfce user and co-maintainer of the
- Eduardo Echeverria (Xfce user and maintainer of
- Kevin Fenzi (Package maintainer)
- Raphael Groner (Xfce user, tester, packager)
- Dominic Hopf (Xfce user and maintainer of
- Miro Hrončok (Xfce user, tester and Czech translator)
- Charlie Kravetz (Xfce user / Testing & QA)
- Ali Erdinc Koroglu (Xfce user, Testing & QA, Package maintainer)
- Aleksandar Kostadinov (Xfce user / Testing & QA)
- Ian Laurie (Xfce user / Testing & QA)
- Johannes Lips (Xfce user and translator)
- Athmane Madjoudj (Testing & QA / Packager and user)
- Jon Masters (Xfce user, jonmasters on IRC)
- Robert Mayr (Packager, user)
- Adam Miller (Xfce Spin maintainer)
- Marcus Möller (Testing & QA)
- Sean Mottles (Xfce user / Testing & QA)
- Gerd Pokorra (Xfce user / Testing & QA)
- Josef Radinger (package comaintainer xfce4-equake-plugin / German Xfce translation team)
- Mukundan Ragavan (Package maintainer)
- Ignacio Rodríguez (Xfce user, ignacio on IRC)
- Steven Rosenberg (Xfce user)
- Jayson Rowe (Xfce user)
- Jeff Sandys (Xfce user)
- Zachary Snyder (Xfce user, supporter / Fedora Design Team)
- Michael Spahn (Xfce user / Fedora Ambassador / BugZapper)
- Thomas Spura (Part-time Xfce user and (co-)maintainer of
- Matthias Summer (Xfce user / BugZapper)
- Viorel Tabara (Xfce user)
- Simon Wesp (Xfce user)
- Christoph Wickert (Package maintainer, Team lead of German Xfce translation team
- Filipe Rosset (Xfce user, tester and maintainer of
- Glenn Johnson (Xfce user)
Joining the SIG
Joining the Xfce SIG is as simple as being part of Fedora and having a love for Xfce. Once you are a contributor to Fedora, you can join the SIG by adding your name above and communicating with the rest of the team in the usual Fedora channels .
How you can help
If you have no idea how to help us with providing a good and qualitative excellent release of Xfce in Fedora here are some proposals where we need help:
- Packagers: There are so many interesting packages that are not yet packaged for Fedora. Package it to improve the user experience.
- Reviewers: Only a few persons are doing the xfce-related reviews. Help us reviewing so that more packages could be included.
- Testers: If you love Xfce use the development version or the updates-testing repository and report bugs, bugs, bugs, request enhancements or features. We need your feedback to improve Xfce.
- Bugs: Become a BugZapper and help us with Xfce related bugs.
- Documentation writers: Make sure that documentation of Xfce is high quality and complete in Fedora.
- Release Notes: Help with writing the release notes
- Wiki: Maintain http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Xfce and keep it updated with end user information.
- Artists: To provide a matching theme for nodoka-theme and other Xfce related artwork
We have informal chats about Xfce development in #fedora-devel IRC channel in Libera.chat. Refer Communicate page for more information.
The following is a list of Xfce centric packages people would like to see packaged up and maintained for Fedora:
|Package Name||Brief Description||Review (or Spec)||Maintainers||Status|
|xfce4-embed-plugin||This plugin enables the embedding of arbitrary application
windows into the Xfce panel.
|done||hannes||promoted on Mailing List|
|xfce4-kbdleds-plugin||This plugin shows the state of your keyboard LEDs:
Caps, Scroll and Num Lock in Xfce panel..
|done||hannes||promo on Mailing List|