No longer current
The compose for which this page contains results is no longer the current one. This page
contains the results for the current compose.
This page records Installation validation testing test results for the Fedora 33 20200804.n.0 nightly compose.
Which tests to run
Test coverage pageThis page
provides information about test coverage for the tests on this page across all the composes for the current release: it can help you see which test cases most need to be run.
Tests with a Milestone of Basic, Beta or Final are the most important. Optional tests are less so, but still useful to run. The milestone indicates that for that milestone release or a later one to be approved for release, the test must have been run against the release candidate build (so at Beta, all Basic and Beta tests must have been run, for instance). However, it is important to run the tests for all milestones as early and often as possible. Please refer to the test coverage page linked above and try to find and run tests which have not been run at all, or not run recently, for the current release.
How to test
1. Download one or more media for testing:
2. Perform one or more of the test cases and add your results to the table below
- You can submit results by editing the page directly, or by using relval, with the
relval report-results command. It provides a simple text interface for reporting test results.
3. If a test fails, file a bug report. You may propose the bug as a release blocker or freeze exception bug for the appropriate release - see blocker bug process and freeze exception bug process.
Some tests must be run against particular Products or images - for example, the #Default boot and install tests. If no particular product or image is specified either in this page or the test case page, you can use any appropriate image. For example, you can run most of the #General Tests with the Workstation live image, or either of the Server install images.
If you notice a problem during a test which does not constitute a complete failure of the test, you should still file a bug report, but it may not be appropriate to propose it as a release blocker bug. Use your judgment in deciding this, with reference to the Fedora_Release_Criteria, which these tests are intended to verify. If you are unsure, err on the side of proposing the bug as a blocker.
Don't install updates
Don't install updates before performing any of the tests, as when you are testing pre-releases, available updates are not part of the proposed released package set.
Results summary page
The Test Results:Fedora 33 Rawhide 20200804.n.0 Summary page contains the results from this page and all the other validation pages for the same compose listed together to provide an overview.
Add, Modify or Remove a Test Case
- Please request review for your changes by publishing your test case for review to the test mailing list and/or the appropriate working group mailing list (e.g. server, cloud, or desktop).
- Once reviewed, make your changes to any current documents that use the template (e.g. Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test).
- Lastly, update Template:Installation_test_matrix with the same changes.
See the table below for a sample format for test results. All test results are posted using the result template.
Please click [show] in each table to view the tests of each media installation, and click  to post your test results using the syntax in Key Section.
The result column titles are variants in Pungi/productmd parlance. For each variant, the checksums for all images in that variant can be checked; the maximum size for all images in that variant which have a maximum size can be checked; and repoclosure and fileconflicts can be checked for any DVD image in that variant. Any failure for any tested image should be filed as a bug and reported as a failure here. Please provide the bug ID and a short note of exactly which image(s) failed as a comment.
- ↑ Everything boot armhfp, size 760188928, max 734003200
- ↑ Everything boot x86_64, size 744488960, max 734003200
- ↑ Server boot armhfp, size 760313856, max 734003200
- ↑ Server boot x86_64, size 744488960, max 734003200
- ↑ Workstation live ppc64le, size 2001672192, max 2000000000
- ↑ Workstation live x86_64, size 2044821504, max 2000000000
- ↑ LXQt live x86_64, size 1499627520, max 1400000000
- ↑ SoaS live x86_64, size 1181876224, max 734003200
- ↑ Astronomy_KDE live x86_64, size 4304627712, max 4000000000
- ↑ Python_Classroom live x86_64, size 2128625664, max 2000000000
Default boot and install
Single test table
In all of these tests, the test case used is QA:Testcase_Boot_default_install
. That is where the links point. The same test needs to be run for multiple images, target platforms, and install media. Note that the non-installer-based ARM disk images are covered by the later #ARM disk images
section. The VM
columns are for results from testing in a virtual machine. The CD/DVD
columns are for results from testing on a real system with the image written to a real CD or DVD. The USB
columns are for results from testing on a real system with the image written to a USB stick.
For Beta, we expect a reasonable sampling of tests across the table, with at least some testing for VM and USB boot method, both firmware types, and each major class of deliverable (netinst, live and DVD). For Final, we expect full coverage for Basic / Final
rows with VM and USB boot method. Optical boot testing from physical media in Final is optional (but blocking if issues are found) for supported images
Fedora Media Writer
|Beta / Optional
- ↑ mediawriter-4.1.4-4.fc32.x86_64
Single test table
In all of these tests, the test case used is QA:Testcase_arm_image_deployment
. That is where the links point. The same test needs to be run for multiple images and target platforms.
Guided storage configuration
Guided storage shrinking
For this test, the column headings refer to the storage volume type to be shrunk, not the one chosen to replace it for the new installation.
Custom storage configuration
Advanced custom storage configuration
Internationalization and Localization