Regular meetings for Fedora Marketing take place on irc.freenode.net in #fedora-meeting-1, every Tuesday at 20.00 UTC (4pm EST in the Daylight Saving Time summer period, 3pm EST in the Daylight Saving Time winter period).
We use IRC for our meetings. If you don't have an IRC client (yet), you can use webchat - go to http://webchat.freenode.net and connect to #fedora-mktg as seen in the screenshot below. (Replace "your_name" with your name, FAS nick, or some other nick you'd like to be known by.)
How we run Marketing meetings
With as much involvement as possible at all times.
The motivation is to have as many simultaneous actively participating people in the meeting as possible - ideally, at all times in the meeting, everyone in the meeting should be doing something really cool (and hopefully Marketing-related) - not just waiting for their turn to speak. Think of it as a virtual version of the law of two feet.
Are YOU running a marketing meeting? Take a look at How to run a fedora marketing meeting for an example of how a meeting is run, with commands listed out.
- Feature profiles - make user FAD exploration of user base feeds this
- Marketing FAD 2010 followup
- Start finding "ambassadors" to other teams for "Join" festivities between Beta and GA
Tue 23-Feb Tue 02-Mar Create Release Slogan Tue 02-Mar Tue 30-Mar Feature Profiles Thu 04-Mar Thu 04-Mar Alpha Project Wide Release Readiness Meeting Thu 04-Mar Mon 08-Mar Create Alpha Announcement (Marketing & Docs) Tue 09-Mar Tue 09-Mar Alpha Public Availability
Fedora Marketing has a teleconference number available for when voice meetings are desired.
- Visit the Fedora talk server for details on accessing the conference via VoIP or direct dial-in
- The Fedora Marketing conference extension number is '2004'
Procedure for Minutes and Logging
- At the start of the meeting, the meeting chair (usually the Marketing chair or his/her delegate) starts zodbot (a variant of meetbot (see documentation)) by saying #startmeeting in the #fedora-meetings channel.
- At the end of the meeting, the meeting chair stops zodbot by saying #endmeeting. zodbot will automatically generate a log and post its URL to the #fedora-meetings channel. The meeting chair or his/her delegate then edits this page to add the link to the log below.
- Use this link to send the link to email@example.com
IRC meetings archives